All our professionals at Ankle & Foot Center of Charlotte, LLC maintain the highest levels of accreditation and pursue ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in podiatry.
Dr. Scott Basinger, DPM
Charlotte and Ballantyne, NC Podiatrist
Ankle & Foot Center of Charlotte, LLC
Having spent many hours on a tennis court, Dr. Basinger has firsthand experience with some of the ailments of the feet and ankles. He understands how injuries can hamper, and even sideline, the "weekend warrior" as well as the competitive athlete. His desire to keep people healthy and on their feet inspired him to choose podiatry.
Dr. Basinger takes care of patients with sports-related injuries, heel pain, ingrown toenails, bunions, hammertoes, warts, ankle sprains, arthritis, and diabetes.A native of California, Dr. Basinger earned his D.P.M. in podiatric medicine at the California College of Podiatric Medicine. He completed three years of residency at the V.A. Medical Center in Albuquerque, New Mexico, with additional training at Kaiser in Sacramento, California. He is board-certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgeons.
Dr. Basinger enjoys tennis, soccer, basketball, running, yardwork and various activities with his wife and three children.
- Board Certified, American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Charlotte Surgery Center, Charlotte, NC
- Novant Health Matthews Medical Center, Matthews, NC
- Lake Norman Regional Medical Center, Mooresville, NC
- BS Zoology, University of California at Davis
- DPM, California College of Podiatric Medicine, San Francisco, CA
- Residency, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Albuquerque, NM
- Fellowship, Kaiser Permanente, Sacramento, CA
Continuing Medical Education Courses / Other
- Poster Judge multiple times for the Annual Scientific Conference
- The Podiatry Institute: Reconstructive Rearfoot Surgery, Tucker, GA, September 2003
- American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons Arthroscopic Surgery Course, December 2000 (19 hours)
Continuing Medical Education Seminars
- American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons 77th Annual Seminar, New Orleans, LA, February 2019
- North Carolina Foot & Ankle Society Scientific Seminars, 2016, 2018
- American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons 75th Annual Seminar, Las Vegas, NV, February 2017
- American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons 73rd Annual Seminar, Scottsdale, AZ, February 2015
- American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons 72nd Annual Seminar, Orlando, FL, February 2014
- American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons 71st Annual Seminar, Las Vegas, NV, February 2013
- North Carolina